ENABLED RALLY DRIVING FOR DISABLED DRIVERS
What is our Enabled Rally Driving?
Using a specially adapted car, we are delighted to be able to offer all of our rally driving experiences, including our Junior Rally Experience, to disabled drivers!
The car is semi-automatic using a paddle gear change system on the steering wheel and the pedals are controlled using hand operated levers meaning that, as long as you have full use of both arms and your upper body, you are able to come along and enjoy our rally experience days.
The site is fully equipped for disabled visitors with ramped access into the Rally HQ building, disabled loos and a large hard standing area to make getting into and out of the car as comfortable as possible.
As with all of our experiences, safety is our paramount concern and so in order to enjoy our enabled rally experience, participants must be able to fulfil the following criteria:
– Have full use of both arms.
– Have full use of the upper body from the waist up.
– Be able to fully process instructions accurately, quickly and coherently.
– Have eyesight which is adequate for driving purposes, with lenses if required.
– Have sufficient hearing to understand instructions given whilst wearing an open faced crash helmet.
– Not suffer from fits, seizures or black outs.
Which are Enabled Rally Driving courses?
Basically, all of them! The use of our adapted car, enables you to do any of our courses from the Junior Rally Experience right through to the Authentic Rally Day. If you see our “Speedy Blue Badge” you can enjoy that course.
You can book or buy vouchers for all of the courses by pressing the button on the right hand side of the screen, or call us on 01793 752281 to check availability & book a date. Please note, you will need to let us know that the driver is disabled at the point of order (The online system will automatically request this info!)